This homemade body scrub is amazing! It was ridiculously easy to make-literally 2 minutes max and it left my skin feeling so soft and glowing!
- 3/4 cup of White Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 cup of Fractionated coconut oil
- 25 drops of Young Living Grapefruit Essential oil
Store this in in a cool, dry place in an air tight glass container.
- Himalayan Salt is a source of trace minerals to help in hydration. It also helps to detoxify the body and balance pH levels. The coarseness of the salts of course are fantastic to help slough off old skin cells.
- Fractionated Coconut Oil (liquified coco oil) is incredibly moisturizing and it’s anti-bacterial and anti-fungal
- Grapefruit Essential Oil acts as a lymphatic decongestant. The lymphatic system essentially helps to rid the body of toxins. Due to the stimulation of the lymphatic system it is also great for diminishing cellulite :). Not to mention the smell will boost your mood. The reason I specify Young Living is because essential oils have become an increasingly popular trend with more essential oil companies popping up. Young Living oils are organic, non-GMO, and therapeutic grade. Many of the commercially produced essential oils you may see in stores could be synthetic, adulterated or further diluted in the distillation process and therefore lack true purity.
Give this one a try! I don’t think you’ll be buying body scrub from a store after this.